Attention, members of the USAF Drum & Bugle Corps & Pipe Band and members of the USAF Academy Drum & Bugle Corps
- Important Registration information listed below
Once again, on behalf of the USAF Drum & Bugle Corps, we welcome all of you and remind you and your spouse and/or guests of our reunion in Norfolk, Virginia in April 2015. Please read the following information about the reunion, our hotel, and the planned activities.
Additional information will be forthcoming, however feel free to ask questions. I’ve included my e-mail address and home telephone number at the end of this letter.
Warren “Cookie” Cooke, Reunion Coordinator
- WHEN: Thursday, April 23 – Sunday, April 26, 2015.
- WHERE: The Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel. Reservations: 1-800-325-3535, please mention “USAF Drum & Bugle Corps Reunion” when making your reservation. Reservations are due prior to March 23, 2015 after which time the USAF Drum & Bugle Corps’ block of rooms that are not reserved will be returned to general inventory. The Sheraton Norfolk Waterside is a pet friendly hotel. If you are bringing a pet please mention this when making your reservation.
- SPECIAL ROOM RATE: $114.00 plus tax for all rooms. You may arrive at anytime, however guaranteed room availability is 4:00 PM and reserved until 11:00 AM on departure day. If something arises and you cannot attend, reservations must be cancelled by at least 6:00 PM the day prior to your arrival. This special room rate will be offered for up to 3 days prior and 3 days after the reunion. There are many more attractions available in the area if you wish to extend your time in Norfolk.
- SPECIAL USAF REUNION FEATURES OFFERED BY THE SHERATON: No charge for valet parking. For those who prefer to self-park in an enclosed garage adjacent to the hotel, the cost is $5.00 per day.
- OTHER HOTEL FEATURES: Large private gathering room provided; fully equipped exercise room; complimentary Wireless High Speed Internet; waterfront dining in the City Dock restaurant with breakfast, lunch and dinner available. A 15% discount on all food will be extended to reunion attendees provided reunion nametag is visible.
- PLANNED ACTIVITIES: Thursday evening, April 23, Welcome Dinner. Friday evening, April 24, the Virginia International Tattoo. We have acquired group VIP seating at a discounted rate for the Friday evening performance. Bus transportation will be provided from the Sheraton Hotel to Norfolk Scope Arena and return to the hotel. Saturday, April 25, Naval Base Cruise 11:00 AM-1:00 PM. This is a fully narrated tour of the harbor with a river view of the Battleship Wisconsin and multiple Navy ships including Aircraft Carriers at the largest Naval Base in the world. This is a pre-booked tour with a discounted price, light jacket suggested. The Cruise Company has offered us the 2013 group rate. Saturday evening, Banquet.
- On Saturday morning, the NATO parade will be held on Waterside Dr. near the hotel. In the afternoon, the NATO festival, with booths from the participating countries, will be located in Town Point Park, on the waterfront, just a short walk from our hotel and boat cruise.
- A Registration form is enclosed. It includes the cost of registration fee, tattoo tickets, cruise tickets. and dinner choices.
- Payment for registration and for tattoo tickets must be made by February 1. Meal and cruise payments are due April 1. You Should Also Book Your Room Now!
(See bottom of registration form for mailing and payment instructions.)
- For more information contact: Warren “Cookie” Cooke, Telephone 757-421-2656
Click Here for theRegistration Form